10. You only get to see him once every 6 months, more if you’re diligent and inventive. Hardly enough time to foster a passionate love affair.
9. Dentist appointments don’t count as dates. Even if you dress up and put on perfume.
8. Did the guy fit you for your night guard? Yah. He’s probably not thinking about kissing that mouth.
7. He's filled your cavities and gently lectured you about your flossing habits. See #8.
6. He works in an office filled with beautiful women at his beckon call all day....patient who?
5. Although he passed the Ring Test, he used "we" in a sentence when you asked him about his holidays.
4. He’s too good a dentist to switch him for the other guy – which means you’d have to violate the Dentist/Patient code of ethics to date him, and he would have to violate the Dentist/Patient code of ethics to ask you out. It’s a fruitless venture.
3. You remember that time his face got really close to your face, and you could smell his cologne, and see the definition of his shoulder muscles through his crisp button down shirt? He was assessing the plaque on your molars….see #8.
2. Flirting with a half frozen face proves difficult. Believe me, I’ve tried.
1. He is your dentist.