Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

starty

.
.
At coffee with a long lost friend a few weeks back, I mentioned that - after the chaos of my spring - I wasn't going to do anything too "starty" in the summertime. It took me a few days to realize the following necessary facts:


#1.  Summer is nearly almost over. You just didn't notice it because June was a whiny girl.
#2.  Hello my name is Ashley, and I am addicted to starty-ness.
#3.  I've got so many loose ends on the go, my life could easily be compared to a rootless head of hair. Or some equally as rediculous analogy.


Vis a vis, the following: in an ever increasing attempt to get some ground beneath my feet, I have decided that I should start my finishing here, on the blog. Tie up a few of the open ends (there have been many, you probably just forgot about them). I actually have a running list in my head of all the things I need to update you on, but I forget what those things are right now, so I can't tell you what they are. Oh, wait, there was that one thing.

Remember that time I pulled a novel out of my ass? Over two and a half years ago, for those of you that lost count. Over two and a half years ago, for those of you that are wondering why I'd ever call myself something as made-up as 'starty'.

So anyway. The book's not done yet. But Take Heart! I have done the oh-so-necessary read through and overhaul, and my only task now is to sit down and re-arrange the document on the computer. I need to tweak the sentences that need tweaking (there were a lot of them), put the paragraphs in order, and print it out for the perusal of all interested parties. I feel compelled to say again that it won't be a good book, but it will be a book [insert trumpet fanfare] which totally counts for something.

Okay maybe that wasn't a very finishy announcement, seeing as I'm not actually finished the book yet (potato potato?) -- but in any case, it's an update, which is more than I can say for anything else on the growing list.


image source: http://www.sophieblackall.com/
.
.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Hm, I just caught a glimpse of myself. Starty indeed.

Natalie said...

I remember! Still waiting in anticipation....