Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

my whole life, explained.



  "Everything is gestation and then birthing. To let each impression and each embryo of a feeling come to completion, entirely in itself, in the dark, in the unsayable, the unconscious, beyond the reach of one's own understanding, and with deep humility and patience to wait for the hour when a new clarity is born: this alone is what it means to live as an artist: in understanding as in creating."
Rilke, in Letters to a Young Poet





all photos found on pinterest (sources not found with the exception of far right, from here)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I discovered your blog just now wilst on a google search for Madeleine L'Engle quotes, and I wanted to let you know that I LOVE it. Your writing is fantastic and I love your thoughts. I hope a random stranger discovering you does not deter you from writing more...it used to scare me in the past.

Cheers!
Hannah

afterthoughtcomposer said...

Hi Hannah!
Thank you so much for your kind words. Re: discovery - quite the opposite; it makes me want to write more :)
Thank you for reading :)
a.