Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the Three

.
.
I have spent my week in la-la-land and have made no inky commitments for my return to reality and logical thought. But it’s been almost a week since last I posted and I feel obligated to put up something, though I can’t for the life of me formulate enough thought today for an entire post. Vis a vis, the following: I will put up someone else’s words instead. I don’t usually like to do this – call it “pride” if you want to, but actually it’s my wobbly writer-self-esteem; the stark realization that my words, in comparison to the greats like Anne Lamott and Emily Dickenson and Oscar Wild…well, my writing is poop if you place it next to these guys. Irregardless, I am inspired by these people, and so I leave you on this should-be-home-Tuesday with a few of my favorites by The Three.


.
.
“I do not at all understand the mystery of grace - only that it meets us
where we are but does not leave us where it found us.”
~ Anne Lamott


“Only the shallow know themselves.”
~ Oscar Wilde


“To hope means to be ready at every moment for that which is
not yet born, and yet not become desperate if there is no birth in our lifetime.”
~Emily Dickinson.
.
.
.

No comments: